The acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo has reiterated the present administration’s commitment to ensuring that the Federal Government and Nigerians patronize locally made products.

He gave this assurance on Thursday at an interactive session with government officials on the ease of doing business at the Old Banquet Hall of the presidential Villa, Abuja.

Osinbajo who stressed the need to create an enabling environment for homegrown products providers said the government would build a rewarding system that punishes those involved in sabotage.

According to him, “I agree that a system of rewarding performance and punishing malfeasance is key. We must work out incentive schemes even as we tighten up sanction regimes.”

“We hit 70 per cent quickly on the 60 days of ease of doing business target because of cooperation of all the agencies like the ministries of interior, immigrations, customs etc and that is why the remaining 30 per cent we will also achieve and deliver. I will hold myself accountable for it and I will also hold you accountable.”

“Usually, we blame the system. But the system is men and women, not machines. So, we can and must reform it. These proposed executive orders present a unique opportunity to perform. Ladies and gentlemen, let us perform.”

The President has laid out a cornerstone policy of this administration. We must grow what we eat and make what we use. The President again enunciated this principle in the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan… Buy Nigerian, Use Nigerian”

“So, we must now insist that at state banquets, we eat and drink Nigerian.” He said.

On his part, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Okechuwku Enelamah said the government was targeting moving 20 places higher in the ranking on the ease of doing business this year, stressing that this must start with consuming Nigerian products.

The stipulated executive order, as recounted by the minister stated all ministries, departments or agencies of the Federal Government shall grant preference to local manufacturers of goods and service providers in their procurement of goods and services.

 

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY